- each family is asked to bring 2-4 dozen sugar cookies ready to decorate(various cut-out Christmas shapes) and one (1) container of frosting (vanilla). Food colors for the frosting will be provided.
- sprinkles and embellishments for decorating are needed.
- we hope to share some extra cookies with our community organizations (fire/police/etc.)
- lots of adult hands are needed and appreciated during the dinner serving, cookie decoration, and clean-up
- we will be caroling in the Holmes-Foster neighborhood for ~1 hour.
- have your child wear a bright colored coat/sweater for easier visibility.
- bring a small battery-operated candle if available or a small flashlight – singers will carry as we walk the sidewalks and can be used to read from the song sheets (attached).
- if you have (a) bell(s), bring it and we can ring it while we are walking between houses.
- practice a bit with your children this week the traditional carols (Silent Night, O Come O Ye Faithful, Joy to the World, etc.)
- The WHOLE family is invited so make it a family affair.
Holy Trinity’s Sunday School will Christmas carol this Friday evening (December 4) beginning at 5:30 PM. The evening begins with dinner (pizza/fruits/refreshments) and concludes with some cookie decorating (after caroling). The good news is that the weather outlook looks perfect—not too cold and dry.
Participation is free and open to all area youth and their families. If you would like to join us, please note the following: