Vacation Bible School (VBS) brings children together for an entire week every summer to help them explore a central aspect of the Christian Faith. Throughout the week there are services, crafts, activities, songs, and games that reinforce the yearly theme, which is based on the teachings of our Lord.
The most recent VBS was conducted the evenings of August 5-8, 2019 for children who are age 4 through “rising sixth graders” (that is, those entering the sixth grade in the Fall). Each day began with dinner. Parents were also invited and encouraged to attend the Great Vespers, Litiya, and Blessing of Fruit for the Transfiguration with their children at the regular time of 7 p.m. on the Monday of VBS week (the Wednesday Daily Vespers was postponed).
- VBS is open to all children in the Centre Region. No previous church or Sunday School attendance is required. There is no charge to participate.
- All applicants are required to complete and submit an emergency contact/release form prior to or on the first day of class. This form can be completed online (see below).
- Parents/guardians must sign-in/sign-out their children each day.
- Registration/sign-in begins at 5:15 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of VBS week. On Monday, registration begins at 4:30 p.m.
- Daily classes will include crafts, music, and recreation along with spiritual instruction on the VBS theme.
- Questions? Contact Dn. Mark Oleynik.
View photographs from our most recent Vacation Bible Schools:
Learn about, and read daily recaps of, past Holy Trinity Vacation Bible Schools:
- 2019: Got Fruit?
- 2018: What’s the Manner?
- 2017: Living in an Orthodox World
- 2016: I Just Wanna Be a Sheep
- 2015: The Armor of God
- 2014: Entering Narnia.
Registration is currently closed. Check back in Summer 2020!